1. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
2. All students must be age 17 or more to take the licensing examination (for cosmetology, nail technician, or esthetician and must have completed at least a 9th grade education level.
3. Applicants must provide evidence of a high school diploma or GED.
4. Applicants without a high school diploma or GED can be admitted if it can be established that they pass the Ability to Benefit (ATB) test, as required by the U.S. Department of Education. ATB is defined as the student ability to succeed and benefit from the desired education/training. To demonstrate ability to benefit, a student/applicant must: (a) provide evidence of a 9th grade education; and (b) pass the Basic Skill Test by Wonderlic, Inc., including Verbal Forms VS-1 & VS-2 (minimum acceptable cut score of 200), and Quantitative Forms QS-1 and QS-2 (minimum acceptable cut score of 210). All ATB testing is conducted for the Institute by an independent provider, Wonderlic, Inc., of Libertyville, IL. A student who doesn’t hold a high school diploma and who fails to demonstrate ability to benefit will not be eligible for admission.
5. Applicants must possess proficiency in the English language, as demonstrated during the pre-admission interview (item 7). At the discretion of the school during the pre-admission interview, a student/applicant may be required to take and pass the Wonderlic ATB test.
6. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold a valid visa that authorizes them permanent employment in the United States.
7. All prospective students must visit the Institute and have a personal interview with the Director. The interview will be used for the student to examine the educational and training facilities and for the Institute to establish whether or not the applicant meets the minimum Admission Requirements.